Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a way to create a scatter plot with each row represented as a mark?

I am trying to create a simple scatter plot that plots one column from my data on the x-axis, and another column on the y-axis for every row. For example, if I wanted to plot "age" on the x-axis and "height" on my y-axis for middle schoolers, I'd want to want a mark on the scatter plot for every child, then maybe see some trend lines running through the data.

I am currently unable to disaggregate either axis, and don't see a way where I can avoid using Sum or Avg. I know that I must also provide a dimension to a scatter plot, but as my example above shows, I do not have a need for one. I can use something like "gender" for my dimension, but this will end up only giving me two marks on the scatter plot, which would either be the sum or average of "age" and "height."

I have also read this thread as well: Very basic Scatter chart in Qlikview. I do not see the answer to user louiseward's question, and the example provided is a different use case from mine as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to have an ID per row in your data. If you don't have one, I suggest you create such an ID when you load your data, e.g. by

RecNo() as ID

Then use this as dimension in your scatter chart.

If you only have one age and one height per row, you don't need to use Sum() or Avg(). You can just use these fields as they are.

HIC

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try making height and age as measures and choosing them as just MAX(height), MAX(Age), and then choose the persons name as the dimension.  I converted the height to be in only inches here is what I came up with:

Scatter.png

MarcoWedel

‌use a personID as dimension and simply age and height as expressions.

regards

Marco

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to have an ID per row in your data. If you don't have one, I suggest you create such an ID when you load your data, e.g. by

RecNo() as ID

Then use this as dimension in your scatter chart.

If you only have one age and one height per row, you don't need to use Sum() or Avg(). You can just use these fields as they are.

HIC