cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Split charts due to group / fieldvalues

Hello community

I want to show a chart which shows the comparison between values of a dimention. So lets say we want to compare the average age of different departments. Until now I had to create every time a new chart and filter it inside to the certain department (sth like

Avg(If(Dep='Procurement',  age, 0))

Now one could compare the charts at once. But if the values of the dimention should change, we had to adopt thes changes and add del or mod the charts.

So here comes the question: is there an easier way? I ve heard about cyclic groups , but from the first look they change the same chart and one department is shown at one certain time.

Thx in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Why can't you just use Avg(age)? If one Dep will be selected at a time. You would only see that departments's information using Avg(age)

marcus_sommer

Couldn't you simply use your field "Dep" as dimension and avg(age) as expression?

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No its not selected. Right now (having lets say 3 dep) i have three charts. Its not the problem that i cant show what i want but that there might be an easier way..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes when there is only one dimention than it should be fine. but lets say i add some time dimention and maybe another one 'jobtype' or so. now its suddenly too much of info for one chart and the comparison is not really nicely shown

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just watched it on youtube before reading ur answer. Absolutely correct. Thx Sunny

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if this is really useful - to add a second dimension like jobtype or any period-field makes sense but to have all three dimensions within one object adds no real value - it will be more cluttering and confusing then useful and this by each kind of visualization. But if you want to show more go with Sunny's suggestion of using trellies.

- Marcus