Getting the most out of a Trellis bar chart, some tricks.
The Trellis chart can be useful for displaying the same chart over a dimension, but it has its limitations. This document aims to show how to get around some of those limitations.
- - No Sorting within the (2nd) Trellis dimension
You may want to sort on the outcomes for each trellis chart separately, but the same order is displayed for all Trellis charts.
- - Same values for the (2nd) Trellis dimension.
You may want to display e.g. a top ten for each of the Trellis charts.
- - Use a rank as second dimension and an expression for the dimension label
- - Fixed y axis for all Trellis charts
The same min and max values are used for all Trellis charts axes
- - For the display of the bar use an expression to calculate the difference from the average of the 1st dimension
- - To display the actual outcome, use an expression with values on datapoint.
This way you are more likely to get the most out of the limited display area in a trellis chart
See the attached qvw for the specifics.