Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Static Bar in Bar chart

Hi All,

I need your help, I want to use a bar chart and want to show few valuses for specific group, below is the details I am trying to do.

I am having a dimention called group, in this group we can have team and individual members. This group works on dofferent requests lets call it ticket. Now I want to show the count of tickets in Bar chart as below,

I want one statich bar which will show all the tickets handled by the group and we can have two filter conditions (list box) where I will have list of team and other will have least of team members. If I select a perticulat team if should show me all tickets handled (count of tickets) by group and all tickets handled by that perticular selected team OR if I select individual team member it should show me all  tickets handled (count of tickets) by group and all tickets handled by that individual selected team member, so here in all case one BAR i.e. tickets handled by group will always be statick and will never change.

Can anyone please help me how can I do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Abhishek

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Abhishek

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It sounds like there are many ways to handle this.  Try looking into "Set Analysis", "Alternate States", "Grouped Dimensions", "If statements" or the "Aggregation Function".

Not applicable
Author

Hi Abhishek,

In a bar chart take dimension As Group ,

expression1 ->  Count(tickets)

expression 2-> Count({$<Group>} tickets)

so first expression value remains as it is what ever the selection..

in second expression it will change according to selection in group..

I hope it helps..

Regards,

koti

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Below is what I think you are looking for.  Set Analysis is used to keep group static by removing the person field from the selection.

Untitled.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Koti,

I tried the option you suggested but it not working as I said in my original request there are 3 different filters i.e. group, team and team member. so even after applying your suggestion in the first filter i.e. group level its showing first bar as total ticket and second bar as hotal tickets handled by group which is good but when I apply second selection along with first i.e. team selection then for total ticket bar its shwing total ticket of team but even here I want total ticket of group and same when I am applying 3rd criteria team member its showing total ticket of team member but it should be total ticket in group vs ticket handled by team member or team.

Hope I make sance, please let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reply, I tried the option you suggested but it not working as I said in my original request there are 3 different filters i.e. group, team and team member. so even after applying your suggestion in the first filter i.e. group level its showing first bar as total ticket and second bar as hotal tickets handled by group which is good but when I apply second selection along with first i.e. team selection then for total ticket bar its shwing total ticket of team but even here I want total ticket of group and same when I am applying 3rd criteria team member its showing total ticket of team member but it should be total ticket in group vs ticket handled by team member or team. so I want first bar i.e. total ticket by group to be static all the time and shouldnt change even if we are selecting team or team member filter.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Abhi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not sure if I understand you correctly but it seems like you want a chart that will have only 2 bars, first bar will show the total ticket count for all group and will be static all the time and second bar will show the filtered result according to your selections on Team and Team Member field.

Please see the attached sample, hope it helps.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chee Tiong Chua,

Thanks for the reply, yes this is what I am looking for. But when I am trying it with my data its not working. Below I provided my sample data.

I am using one dimention "Currently Assigned Group Name" and the expressions I am using are as below

Group Total : sum (total {<[Currently Assigned Group Name]=,Manager=,TicketOwner=>} [Ticket Number])

Ticket Count : = count(if([Ticket Status] = 'Closed', [Ticket Number]))

Currently Assigned Group Name TicketOwnerTicket NumberManagerTicket Status
abc.pqrabhi300-12696DavidClosed
abc.pqrRaj300-12697DavidClosed
xyzroy300-11872LoriClosed
Aupabhi300-12032DavidQueued
abc.pqrmannu300-12057DavidClosed
xyzjim300-12014LoriPending
pppabhi300-11470rokyClosed
aaaraj300-8867ashClosed
abc.pqrjoy300-9017DavidClosed
lppmannu300-9018MolyClosed
aumabhi300-9254DavidResolved