cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikuser2021
Contributor III
Contributor III

Statistics Box Shows all values as null and missing unless a selection is made

Statistics box shows null count and missing count for all rows when no selection is made.   n/a for average, min, and max.  I confirmed there are no null or missing values.  How do I get it to show the totals for all rows when no selection is made.  I want to display the average balance for all rows not just when a selection is made. 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

n/a is typically shown when there are only non-numeric values available. Add the "Numeric Count" function to your stats box. 

-Rob

qlikuser2021
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Numeric count, total count, and sum = 0.   Average, min, and max = n/a  when nothing is selected.  If I select anything then they populate as expected.  I was expecting it to have counts when nothing is selected as if everything was selected.  Is there a way to get it to display statistics for all rows when nothing is selected?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If Numeric Count = 0 then that means there are no numbers to compute an Average, Min or Max against.  In which case n/a makes sense.  What I don't understand is why it changes when you make selections?  Are you making selections directly against the field, like in a listbox?

-Rob

qlikuser2021
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes.  When I make selections in a list box the statistics calculate as expected.  If I clear all the selections  it shows Numeric count, total count, and sum = 0.   Average, min, and max = n/a