Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stock control with excel data

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Qlik and just starting to learn how to work with it. I have been reading thru a lot of posts regarding auto-incremental excels, comparing excels and some more stuff but i still have not found any hints that could help me on my project.

I'm trying to load one starting excel into Qlik, it has a table with 4 columns, like in the following pic

table pic.jpg

Then i need to load a second excel, with the same structure, but the data can be different in the column of total units or have one entire new line.

What i need to do with this two excel files is:

- Generate one table (lets call it table C) with  the columns B,C and D of the first file.

- Generate one new column in Table C with the data of the column D of the second excel file.

- If in the second excel file are any new "unique numbers" not present in the first excel file add them.

The final result should be something like the next pic:

table pic2.jpg

Once i have the first "Table C" i will need to update it periodically with a new excel, the mechanics of the update are:

- Check in the new excel for any new "unique number" and add it.

- Take the data from the previous Column D and move it to Column C (the data of column C is deleted).

- Take the data of the new excel and paste it into Column D.

I know its a lot of stuff to do, i'm already working in it so any document, reference, bit of code or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

In the end what i need is something to control the stock of some products, if anyone has a better suggestion on how to do this so i can take advantage of the Qlik functionalities i will really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

Oscar.

P.D: I'm using the last version of Qlik Sense Desktop.

0 Replies