Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stop the user from selecting more than one value from a list box!

Hi

In one of my list box as I am using expression I am not able to tick "Always One Selected Value". I know as I am using the expression "Always One Selected Value" will be disabled by default.

I know one possible way is doing it is to use the calculation which I am doing it in the expression. Then pass the field in this list so that "Always One Selected Value" is enabled. But I couldn't that do to some reason.

So what I want to do is there is any way to stop the user from selecting more than one value from a list box whenever the user tries to select more than one value(ie, Custom message when the user selects more than one value).

3 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hello,

the option" always one selected value" is available if one value is selected. You can't use one selected value without giving a standard selected value.

If you want to inform the user to not select more than one value you can create a textbox with message (please selct only one value in field xy) and give the show option if(getselectedcount(your field)>1,1,0)

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Attitude,

Please try this expression in your field

=if(getselectedcount( Field_Name )>1,'Select Only One Value and To get back Click on Clear Button',Field_Name)

Regards,

Yogesh

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Yogesh

It is not the field which is there in the list box it is expression which is there in the list box. Thats the reason "Always One Selected Value" is disabled.

Is it possible to pass the expression instead of field in the above expression?