Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Store Table's Row Content into Variable

Hi, Master!

I'm facing the problem in Creating What If in Profit and Loss Report. I want to save the calculation result in the table's row into the variable.

Example : I have a table like below :

Inline image 1

Activity Type contains 4 component : Machine Cost, Labor Cost, Electricity Cost, and Gas Cost.

Material Consumption consist of Raw Material Usage and Packaging Material Usage.

I want to store the value from yellow area, which is the result of the table formula or calculation.

How to store the table's row content into the variable?

They will add another component for calculation too.

Thank you for your help.

Message was edited by: Ryan Disastra

3 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

you do not store the value, you copy the expression you have in the table, you adjust it using aggr if needed and you create the variable based on that expression

The image is not showing, so I cannot be more specific

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply. Here is the image :

Untitled7.png

How to :

1. Store Value of Activity Type to Variable which is the formula from Machine Cost, Labor Cost, Electricity Cost, Gas Cost.

2. Store Weight of Material Consumption to Variable which is the formula from Raw Material Usage and Packaging Materil Usage

3. I want to Calculate the Actual Cost and Value, which is comes from Total Cost ($13,836,505.63) divided by Total Value Cost ($20,741,020.00) and store the result into Variable

Thank you very much

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

put whatever expression you have for value in a variable and add "Activity Type" as set analysis. Something like

sum({<Cost={"Activity Type"]>} your expression)

Same for 2