Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Store into a Binary Load?

Hello!

I have a problem with a binary load. The last time it worked that I did a binary load and them a store from that load; however, I am trying to do that again and the data keeps breaking and the store is not working...so I want to know if this is even possible and if it is not possible, then I want to know why it did work last time and now is not working.

Here is the store script I am using:

store us into

(qvd);

Thank you for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does it work if you comment out the Store command ?

If so then try uncommenting it and putting a Sleep(8000) before and after Store command.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you share what kind of not working ?

Does it produce an error or anything ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

It just shows the:  "Execution of Script failed.Reload old data?" window, and when I look for the table that I am trying to store, on the Table Viewer, the table is gone (I have no idea why).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does it work if you comment out the Store command ?

If so then try uncommenting it and putting a Sleep(8000) before and after Store command.

Digvijay_Singh

Check if there is any change in the qvw you are trying to binary load now, may be that has some problem now which wasn't there earlier.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Use below code to store all your qvd.

FOR vCount = 0 to NoOfTables()-1

LET vTableName = TableName($(vCount));

STORE $(vTableName ) INTO $(vTableName).qvd (qvd);

NEXT vCount

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it works when I comment out the Store.

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

I font know what this is, but I pasted it on my app after the store script, aaaand it didn't work, actually it gave me an error window, telling me that some of the tables had a misplaced "from", it is kind of weird.

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

This worked! Would you mind please telling me why it worked???

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I presume you mean it worked on adding the Sleep(8000)'s.  It was probably the Sleep(8000) after the Store that made the difference.  I have seen this a fair few times before and my guess is that as the Store wants to write the qvd file to disc but at the os/disc level it first goes into a cache before being flushed to disc.  And as the script continues it gets upset and fails as the qvd file is not yet fully committed to the physical disc yet.  If anyone can give a proper explanation I would love to hear, but empirically I know that adding the Sleep(8000) can prevent these failures which are usually random and intermittent.