cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Straight Table Sum returns different value than Table Box

Hello,

I've run into something confusing that I can't seem to sort. I have a data set that returns a summed value (straight table) greater than the sum of the same records in a table box.

Here is an image as an example:

Table_Differences.PNG

The name is the same throughout (blotted for privacy reasons). I've added  a record key to identify any duplicates but I do not see any (this was my issue previously due to a poor join).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this cause?

Thanks,

Channing

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

It seems to be a data modeling issue... it seems that each row is repeated 5 times which might be showing up in the straight table

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

It seems to be a data modeling issue... it seems that each row is repeated 5 times which might be showing up in the straight table

sunny_talwar

If you are using Sum(Hours), try using Concat(Hours, ', ')... this will show how many times the same record key might be repeating....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Issue: Duplicates in one table - upon creation of the relationship it was summing multiple values giving me an incorrect 240 hours (5 records of 48 hrs)

I fixed the data source to have distinct values and now my model is working appropriately.

I was focused on the function and not the model thank you for bringing clarity to that.

Channing