Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight table with restriction and excel export

Hi all,

I have a straight table that only shows 1000 firsts lines of a selection.

I want users could export all lines from their selection to Excel even thought only 1000 are viewable.

Actually, the export works only on what is visible.

Is there a solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I found a solution!

First, I have limited viewables lines in tables by adding the condition belong :

if( sum(if(ID=null(),0,1))<1000,1,0)

So, users couldn't see more lines if they don't specify search.

Then, I had an export button wich permits export some fields to csv file without restriction (only the selection restriction).
Datas aren't viewable but could be export.
If a selection make 2000 lines over 50 000, users see 0 lines but could export 2000.

My point of view : There is no interest to export the unviewables datas. But my users want it.
Later they will realize that theirs Excel analysis could be perform on Qv.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Ptitcon,

There is option of export to Excel sheet what is viewing in the application.

You have limited the rows to 1000 for showing purpose .How it could be possible that the value which is not showing will be exported..

So You can only export the data that is present in your object in the sheet not in the table.

Regards

Sunil

Not applicable
Author

Thanks you!

I would like to show only 1000 lines in the aim of deal with memory. The straight table that the users want is too big. And they like work with Excel. I know that the best solution is to analyze datas directly on Qv, but they prefer export table to Excel.

I hoped a solution exists to deal with this big table by limiting visible rows but export all possible rows.

Not applicable
Author

I found a solution!

First, I have limited viewables lines in tables by adding the condition belong :

if( sum(if(ID=null(),0,1))<1000,1,0)

So, users couldn't see more lines if they don't specify search.

Then, I had an export button wich permits export some fields to csv file without restriction (only the selection restriction).
Datas aren't viewable but could be export.
If a selection make 2000 lines over 50 000, users see 0 lines but could export 2000.

My point of view : There is no interest to export the unviewables datas. But my users want it.
Later they will realize that theirs Excel analysis could be perform on Qv.