Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Strange issue with a PARTIAL RELOAD

Hi,

I have a problem implementiong a partial reload, which Tresesco helped me solve - or so I thought, I thought it was fine - but seemingly it is not, and I cannot spot the issue:

I now go right from the very leftmost tab, the "Main" tab of the script, and I go further step by step and move the EXIT command one line at a time.

That works fine for a while in very small steps - and then, all of a sudden, QlikView reports (in the partial reload) an error in the ELSE branch of an IF_THEN clause, then with the ENDIF - but in that part I have last moved the EXIT, there is no IF_THEN clause ...

=> So it must be somewhere prior to that? But I already checked all that - as I said, I go forward in very small steps by now because this issue has been bothering me for a while ...

I know that sometimes QlikView reports errors because of a script_line even if it is behind an EXIT - but I know there is no scripting_error, I just took the live version and made a fresh copy of that to work on, so there cannot be an error ...

Can anyone help me there?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

15 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

It's a fact - in a partial Reload, those two tables are not loaded. Instead, the tables from the last run, if they were loaded then, are just reused, though they all have the REPLACE keyword - maybe it is because of the surrounding SWITCH_CASE statement? But I have those earlier - not around LOAD_statements, though ...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

It is a mystery.

I have replaced the SWITCH statement here with an IF clause now. Now QlikView reported an error with a non-existing variable in the partial Reload - so I went back to where that is generated from a LOAD and tested it in both variations - it worked either way. So I went forward a bit again - now an error is reported with an ELSE clause ...

Now I'll go on lunch break and continue afterwards ...

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hmmm ... between the part in the script where I last had the EXIT statement and the one where I have it now, there are several subroutines - can it be that QlikView reports an error if there's something wrong in one of those even before it is actually executed?

Just to make sure, I will step through them one by one now and try to fix all the LOADs ...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

it is happening again: I now stepped through all the subroutines one by one, all of them were parsed, not executed, they show up in the log, everything was fine until just now:

<=> Now I moved the EXIT just a little bit further, there is a LOAD INPUT() there because I need some input for the subsequent script_execution, to correspondingly filter the tables - and now QlikView reports an issue in an ELSE clause - only in the partial Reload.

The funny thing, like before, is, there is no IF_THEN_ELSE clause between this "step" and the last - any error would then have to be further back, in the area that I thought I just checked meticulously several times 😉

Can anyone lend me a hand with this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Can it be that I need to replace the ELSE in every IF_THEN clause I have by an ELSEIF? Not very probable ... but then, this is not a normal, but a very strange issue, so maybe the way to solve it is by using strange, not normal solutions 😉

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Yippieh!

This has been long in the making ... as the saying goes, after standing in front of the abyss and searching for a way for a long time, now I have made the decisive step forward 😉

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Well,

the partial reload as such now works. Some loop somewhere must have broken down, I get only one record in the chart on the GUI where there should be ten and the like ... but I will find that, it has happened before, and I have worked and changed so much for the partial reload, I must have "flicked a switch" somewhere without remembering ...

Best regards,

DataNibbler