Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peony
Creator III
Creator III

String value in variable

I have set of some numbers in the field "Num_Set": 10 01, 10 02 , 10 03, 10 04, 10 05. Every number is a string value, cause of space between first pair and second pair of digits.

I need to select maxsimum number from the set (10 05) and assign the result into the variable: v_num_set = MaxString([Num_Set]).

Next step is to use this variable in "Actions - Select in field" for some text object. When I click on this object it should be autoselection in the field "Num_Set" .

So I set in text object's "Actions" field "Num_Set" and as the "Search String" set variable = $(v_num_set).

But as the result, nothing is selected.

If I replase $(v_num_set) by MaxString([Num_Set]) - everything works.

Can any one explaint to me why is it so?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Read this The Little Equals Sign

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peony
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I find out that it because in Variable Overview I set formula as "= MaxString([Num_Set])". When I removed "=" and left just  "MaxString([Num_Set])" - it works.

But I still don't get in what case it is neded to write"=" and when it's don't.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Read this The Little Equals Sign

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Peony
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you. It's more clear now.