Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbechard
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sub Total of 2 dimensions

Hello

I built a pivot table with 2 dimensions on rows (Region and Sales Rep).

3 Expressions in columns.

I'm trying to have on top rows the aggregation of 2 dimensions (Since Sales rep work on all regions).

Could someone tell me if it's possible to do as in this picture ?

QV Expected.png

See below, what I have is only one line of total on the first dimension. So no way to see the total per sales rep in the same table...unless someone can help

QV Done.png

Thanks for your help

G

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be something along these lines

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share your app to play around with?

Not applicable

Could you please share some sample data

gbechard
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sure

Hope this will help

Thanks a lot

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't think there is another approach to do this. I know i did follow the stupid Approach. But, Interesting

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
gbechard
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your answer Anil

I hope there is an other way, since in my live application, the crosstable control is in a Tab control which makes the overlap not really convenient

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Let's try from my end. If i came to know any address i may connect you again. Interesting

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
gbechard
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I cross my fingers

Thanks Anil

sunny_talwar

May be something along these lines

Capture.PNG

gbechard
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks sunny, it seems a very  good option.

Could you give me a quick explanation of the logic (use of Dim), and also why you typed "Only({1}Dim)" in the sorting part. I did not get it from the documentation.

Thanks again