Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Subfield question

In our manufacturing system under sales orders it records the customer sales reps in a single field separated by ~.

We want to add a selection so that the user can select a single sales rep and return the orders that they are on. I have tried using subfield(salesreplist,'~') but this is not working 100%. Does anyone know the best way to split this field into a single list?

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Why it is not working 100%? Could you give some sample data and what you expect?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you mean you are using it as an expression into a listbox, I'd rather create the field in the script, even using SubField() with a third parameter as the value in the script you would like to extract, i. e:

=SubField('John~Peter~Mike', '~', 3)

Should return "Mike"

Hope that helps.

Miguel

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I would create a table in the load script containing the sales order # and rep name, using subfield in the way you attempted

LOAD salesorderID as [Order ID],

SubField(salesreplist, '~') As [Sales Rep]

Resident SALESORDER;

Then Sales Rep is linked to the sales orders for that rep.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

It seems that is was just having issues when I was calculating it in a list box. I moved the expression to the script and it seems to work fine.

The issue was that it was returning orders without the currernt selection and other things.