Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Subtotal showing Average

Hi everyone:

My problem happened in a pivot table which has a date dimension on the top and team dimension on the left.

When I tick the subtotal check box and have 'AVG(AGGR(......),Team,Date)' in my expression, the subtotal on the top actually showing the average value for department.

Is it possible to show the total of average value in individual department in the subtotal field and average in each department row?

For example:

What I have now is followed.

Total122
AC/Ops461
BD57
CRM64
Finance/Legal38
HR32
IT86
Leasing266
Marketing69
MGMT50
PBI/MSG29
Sales78
Service Centre212
Fleet147

Obviously, the 122 is not the total of the values under. Is it possible to change the 122 to be the total?

Many thanks.

Paco

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much QlikPahadi07!

And Thanks to everyone's help, I have found the solution.

I am using the Dimensionality().

Remember my original expression is something like this: AVG(AGGR(SUM(......),Team,Date)).

Then I add a condition to check when dimensionality()=0, I took the Team out of AGGR. And the expression would average across Date for the total in Team.

Thank you very one.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

In Pivot Table, Subtotal is taking the Expression Total...

To overcome the problem, you need to use Dimensionality() Function..

Kindly upload sample file, we can help you only..

cfz
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Baikan,

On a pivot table the total is calculated as an expression total so you need to incorporate the sum to the expression. Try adding a sum at the beginning of your expression.

I hope it helps.

Carlos

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for your advice.

Can you explain Dimensionality() to me?

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Carlos.

But it said there is an error after I add the sum in front of AVG()

Paco

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Just type Dimensionality()  as an expression... You will know it by the result.  If you provide sample data,  we can help you better way.

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

May be something like

If(IsNull(RowNo()) OR RowNo()=0, Sum(Aggr( Avg( Aggr(...) ), Department)), Avg(Aggr(...)))

Not applicable
Author

I am new to Qlikview.

This app has been developed for a while and it gets complicated. (I know I should keep it as simple as possible)

I am sorry that I don't know how to make up some sample data to replicate the situation.

Thank you very much for your advice.

I type in Dimensionality() and all fields display 1 except for the subtotal row.

What is that mean?

Paco

cfz
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Baikang

You have to put sum(aggr(your expression), dimensions affected). If you upload the qvw I could try to look at it.

I hope it helps.

Carlos

Not applicable
Author

Can you try by changing the total mode in the expressions tab to 'Sum' of rows and check if the result is as expected?