Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Subtracting two variables.

Hi! I am new in Qlikview and I am having some troubles with variables.

I need to calculate the diference between the same variable evaluated in two differents dates. 

I think it would be something like: f(x) - f(x-1)

where f is the variable

x= Year($(vMaxDate))

x-1= =Year($(vMaxDate), -1)

This is the variable (which is also a division):

=$(vUsersLoggingCalls_Level2(Evolution ,Evolution))/$(vActiveProfileEmployees_Level2(Evolution ,Evolution))

Any idea?

13 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Esther, this variable has a lot of set analysis fixing the dates (one for each of the values if the 1st paramater), I think the best way is duplicating variables, one as it is for the current year (or maybe also needs a fix to keep only one year). The other one for the past year, and with the variables adapted to query the past year

$(=If('$1' = 'KPI', '$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Growth MonthYear]=,[Date]={">=$(=$(vAdoptionStartRollingYear(KPI)))<=$(=$(vMaxDate))"}',

If('$1' = 'Cluster', '[Country]=,[Region]=,[Cluster]=p(),$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Date]={">=$(vAdoptionMinDate($2))<=$(vAdoptionMaxDate($2))"}',

If('$1' = 'EMEA', '[Country]=,[Cluster]=,[Region]=,$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Date]={">=$(vAdoptionMinDate($2))<=$(vAdoptionMaxDate($2))"}',

If('$1' = 'Evolution','$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Growth Calendar Difference]={"0"},[Date]={">=$(=$(vAdoptionStartRollingYear(KPI)))<=$(=$(vMaxDate))"}',

If('$1' = 'Region','[Territory Nominal Function]=,[Territory Nominal Franchise]=,[Territory Nominal F. District]=,[Territory Nominal F. Position]=,[Employee]=,$(vAdoptionResetRegion($3)),$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Date]={">=$(vAdoptionMinDate($2))<=$(vAdoptionMaxDate($2))"}',

If('$1' = 'L5','[Territory Nominal F. District]=,[Territory Nominal F. Position]=,[Employee]=,$(vAdoptionResetHighTerritory),$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Date]={">=$(vAdoptionMinDate($2))<=$(vAdoptionMaxDate($2))"}',

'$(vAdoptionTemporalSelection),[Date]={">=$(vAdoptionMinDate($2))<=$(vAdoptionMaxDate($2))"}')))))))

rubenmarin

To expand my answer: yes, it's difficult (and time-consuming) to modify this variables but maybe there is a possibility to add a paremeter to the vAdoptionMinDate, vAdoptionMaxDate and vAdoptionStartRollingYear variables (and by extension to vAdoptionRangeDate, vUsersLoggingCalls_Level2 and vActiveProfileEmployees_Level2; these ones should receive the parameter to pass it to the variables this variables contains).

Also changing $(vMaxDate) to a new parametrized variable that, using the same parameter as the previous variables, returns the Max date for Year($(vMaxDate)) or Year($(vMaxDate))-1, based on the parameter it receives.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ruben, I will try that

rubenmarin

Hope it will be possible to do it, I still don't know the contains of some of the variables used (and I will need some sample to test before been able give a confirmed answer) but if you achieved to go so far with these variables I'm sure you have enough knowledge to modify those.

Also a 2nd opinion would be nice before starting this difficult task, anyone in this thread sees another way for doing this?