Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III

Sum of Rolling 12 months for each month, 2 lines for selected & previous years

Hello,

I am trying to create a line chart with:

1 line: rolling 12 months for selected year & month

2 line: rolling 12 months for the year previous to selected year

& when I say rolling, the value for each month is an accumulation of previous 12 months. Col C in the below picture is what I would like to see on the chart when I select Year=2018 & Month=Feb.

As mentioned, when I make the above selection I should have

1 line: feb 2018 to mar 2017

2 line: feb 2017 to mar 2016

31 Replies
divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I replaced 'Year_Month' with 'Month' for the 1st parameter in Dual, it works now.

Thank you very much.

sunny_talwar

Awesome

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sunny,

Is it possible to use getfieldselection in place of "2017" in your expression? So that it's dynamic.

=RangeSum(Above(Count({<Year, Month=, Year_Month, Week= , Complaint_Type_Description={'Customer'}>}DISTINCT Complaint_Number), 0, 12)) * Avg({<Month,Year = {'2017'}>} 1)

I tried with the below script, doesn't work.

Year={'$(=getfieldselections(Year))'}

sunny_talwar

Sure... try this

=RangeSum(Above(Count({<Year, Month=, Year_Month, Week= ,Complaint_Type_Description={'Customer'}>}DISTINCT Complaint_Number), 0, 12)) *Avg({<Month,Year = {$(=Max(Year))}>} 1)

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It turned out into this-

I tried it on your QVW too, its giving me the same result.

sunny_talwar

Not seeing the problem

Capture.PNG

It would be nice if you show the changes you make by reposting the qvw by making your changes so that we can see what you might be doing. Anyways... PFA

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ok, Let me try again and will get back to you. Thank you.

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Now the chart is changing dynamically based on Year selection. However, I've encountered another problem now -

when I choose 2018, since we have data only till June, even for 2017 it is showing only until June.

Thank you.

sunny_talwar

when I choose 2018, since we have data only till June, even for 2017 it is showing only until June.

I agree... but how is that a problem

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

But for 2017, we have data until Dec. Is it possible to display current year till date and previous year until Dec when 2018 is selected?