Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

Sum only if the difference between two fields are greater than a certain amount (30 days).

how to use expression to Sum only if the difference between two fields are greater than a certain amount (30 days). Say if the two fields are paymentdate and invoice date

I have tried

sum({$<[Payment Date]={">=[Invoice Date]+30"}>}Amount)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I assume, First one also should work. Might this problem with Date.

Again,

If(Interval(Date(Date#([invoice date],'Having Format'),'Required Format') - Date(Date#([Payment date],'Having Format'),'Required Format'), 'DD') < 30, 1, 0)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

7 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try,

sum({$<[Payment Date]={">=$(=date(max([Invoice Date])+30))"}>}Amount)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

There is no aggregation calculation in your sub set analysis which is Max, Min, Sum, Count. can you explain the requirement?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The requirement is that for a number of transactions (where  [invoice date] and [Payment date] is 2 of the fields. And I want to add up the amount where the difference between the [invoice date] and [Payment date] is less than 30 days. (based on the assumption that I am not to load the [Payment date]-[invoice date] into my data model. thanks

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Sum({<[invoice date] = {"=([invoice date] - [Payment date]) < 30"}>} Amount)

OR

In script, create one flag

If([invoice date] - [Payment date] < 30, 1, 0) as Flag

OR

If(NetWorkDays([invoice date] - [Payment date]) < 30, 1, 0) as Flag

And set analysis should be

Sum({<Flag = {1}>} Amount)

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

the first option is not working and probably I have to go to change the datamart to flag it. thanks Anil

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I assume, First one also should work. Might this problem with Date.

Again,

If(Interval(Date(Date#([invoice date],'Having Format'),'Required Format') - Date(Date#([Payment date],'Having Format'),'Required Format'), 'DD') < 30, 1, 0)

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Anil, it is working