Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
npadilla73
Contributor III
Contributor III

Summarizing numeric fields from a row, in one single field

Hi,

I created a pivot table, with 5 dimention, but I need to sum several columns, depend of my search the number of columns.

In this moment, the requirement is summarize row by row, given the columns.

I have added a Calculated Dimention in my pivot table, but I do not know how to use the sentence For.

Somebody can Help me out.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

in the presentation tab of the chart properties mark your "day" dimension and check the "show partial sums" check box.

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you describe your setting a bit more detailed? Best by uploadin a small sample QVW to this thread.

If you want to sum some numeric values, you can look into rangesum() function, e.g. to sum columns 1 and two in a chart:

=rangesum( column(1), column(2) )

npadilla73
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your answer,

That's exactly what I did, "= RangeSum(Column(1), Column(2))" in a Calculated Dimension field. But only show me a cero values. It's important to mention, some field in my expretion are null.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I believe that should go into an expression, not calculated dimension.

To help you more, you need to explain what you are trying to achieve a bit more detailed. Best by creating and uploading a small sample QVW.

npadilla73
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I will work on it, give me some minutes.  For the moment, I send you an image, how my pivot table visualizes my data.PivotTable Production.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you looking for a partial sum for dimension Day?

You can enable this in presentation tab of pivot chart properties.

npadilla73
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In the column SumRow (It is a calculated dimension), I need to sum all the colums, per row, but It depends of the numbers of days.

It's ok, The partial sum per column, but I need it per row too, and that's where I am stuck,

MarcoWedel

in the presentation tab of the chart properties mark your "day" dimension and check the "show partial sums" check box.

hope this helps

regards

Marco

npadilla73
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Marco, that's what I need.   I did not understand to swuehl at the begining, but I think he tried to explaining what you wrote.

Thanks again.