cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Summary Option in Chart with Cyclical Drilldown

I am not even sure this can be done, but here goes.

I have several bar charts in a view and the first dimension is a cyclical dimension group (cyclical drilldown?), comprised of Service Year, Service Month, Service Year-Month, and Service Week Ending.  So when one selects, say, 2012, 2013 and 2014, as multiple selections, you can choose to see it divided out into 3 years, 36 year-month combos etc.  I create the Year, Month, Year-Month and Week Ending fields within the script, if that makes any difference.

I have been asked to add an option to the group...essentially a summary.  So in this case, a single number (or set of numbers, depending on the second dimension and/or expressions) not divided into months or years or whatever.  Just one single result that encompasses all of the selections.

Is this even possible?  If it's not possible as part of the drilldown selection set, is there some other way to get the summary "option" in the same chart?  Some sort of button or macro or anything?  If there's not, I can propose a second chart that is a "summary" only...but for now, the requestor is quite specific that he wants it this way.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give.

0 Replies