Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sun1 LDAP Query

HI

I am trying to query SUN1 Open LDAp directory. so far i am able to get some result but all it returns is ADsPath and no attribute

My query is

SQL
select

ADsPath,mail
FROM
'LDAP://ldap/ou=people,dc=group,dc=com' where

mail='kris*';

even if use Select * from , it returns only ADsPath

What am i missing here

Also when i create the connection i get below error

error loading image

and if i click yes,it says

error loading image

Thanks

Peter

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Can anybody help me on this issue

Thanks

Peter

Not applicable
Author

HI

I have been scratching my head on this issue but no solution

Any ideas

Thanks

Peter

Not applicable
Author

hi,

There is SQL interface for Microsoft's own Active Directory. Not sure that will work for other LDAP servers.

You can use a script that will read from LDAP, dump to text file, and load that text file into QlikView

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Did you get a good answer to this, or figure out the solution? I'm in the same boat.

I have verified through my client's LDAP Admin that the query is going through just fine, and (in my case) an authenticated bind is not needed. It appears then that the problem is the ADsDSOObject provider doesn't understand the LDAP-standard field names (which MS changed for AD), and tosses them.

This doesn't bode well for use of the ADsDSOObject provider, so I'm currently working on a macro to grab the fields directly. It seems though, that the provider is still blocking the returning macro fields.

Anyway, please let me know if you found a good solution.

Thanks,

DJ

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

ADsDSOObject is Active Directory speciffic.

There are many tools to read LDAP and write output into text files. Why don't you use one of those?

-Alex

www.snowflakejoins.com

Not applicable
Author

Sure, I could do that, but it's frustrating that there's not an LDAP direct-query provider for QlikView, and more frustrating that the ADsDSOObject provider is actually the problem with querying non-AD LDAP.

This should be noted in official QlikView documentation as a known pitfall.

Not applicable
Author

HI

Yes you are right there is lot of problems using the ADsDso object, it works for some fields only.

What we implemented as a solution is to query ldap through a batch file and get the results of the query in a text file

And then read data from the text file into qlikview.transform as per requirement

Batch file first gets triggered from qlikview itself and then script gets executed.

Also this solution was implemeted in one scenario where as inother scenario we could able to retrieve data directly querying LDAp from qlikview

thanks

Peter

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi all

I have only limited experience with LDAP queries, but I have noticed that even with AD, SELECT * just returns the adspath. I think the AD LDAP prrovider does not respond to the 'request field names' part of a SELECT * query, so you cannot browse the field names or use SELECT * unless you only want adspath. This means that you need to supply the field names in the SELECT statement, something like:

SQL SELECT
distinguishedName,
cn,
displayName,
givenName,
sn,
mail,
userAccountControl,
SamAccountName
FROM 'LDAP://yourdomain.local'
Where objectCategory = 'Person'

If your LDAP provider uses different field names, then adjust the query accordingly. I do not know Open LDAP, but check the documentation for more info.

Hope that helps
Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

The QVW which tries to load the data from LDAP loads only the partial data frequently. We are unable to find the root cause of the issue as the QVW doesn't fails but it loads only the partial data.Can someone please help us to identify the root cause of the issue. It has been happening from quite a long time but we didn't succeed in finding the root cause of the issue. Hope someone can help us for the same.

Regards,

qvforum