Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Suppress data

I've created the following graph...Capture.JPG

...and the user has the ability to select the year, i.e. 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017 using a filters box. The screenshot above is for 2016-2017. How can I suppress the months July through to March as in reality, we don't know the figures for those yet? I believe the graph would look a lot tidier if only the current / past months were visible.

I'm using a dimension of 'Month' and the Void Loss expression is... num(rangesum(above(sum([Void Loss Amount]), 0, rowno())))

Many thanks.

Mel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

This might not work if you have other months where Sum([Void Loss Amount]) is equal to 0, but give this a shot:

If(Sum([[Void Loss Amount]) > 0, RangeSum(Above(Sum([Void Loss Amount]), 0, RowNo())))

or

RangeSum(Above(Sum([Void Loss Amount]), 0, RowNo())) * Sum([[Void Loss Amount])

Have not tried this second expression, but worth testing it out as it avoids using the if statement

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Instead of 'Month' use the dimension something like if(Month<=Month(today()) and Year<=Year(today()),Month)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for that. I'm getting there but not quite. I haven't incorporated the year just yet...Capture.JPG

...the months Apr through to Jun are exactly what I would expect but I don't want to see Jan through to March. Our year field is called 'Fiscal Year' which is a financial year and starts in April and ends in March. Any further advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mel.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

does your customer have a diffferent fiscal year (apr-march)?

do you have a master calendar?

my customer has the same fiscal year. I provided additional fields for fiscal year

(as fiscal year, fiscal month, fiscal quarter) to master calender and use these fields

in charts

Digvijay_Singh

I think yeartodate can help here, if(yeartodate(Your date field, 0,4,today()),Month)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

super_salmon

Let me know if you want to click any month you want to show the data for previous of selection or  forward of selection.

- Anil Chowdary

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Anil... still need to tackle the year to date bit first

sunny_talwar

This might not work if you have other months where Sum([Void Loss Amount]) is equal to 0, but give this a shot:

If(Sum([[Void Loss Amount]) > 0, RangeSum(Above(Sum([Void Loss Amount]), 0, RowNo())))

or

RangeSum(Above(Sum([Void Loss Amount]), 0, RowNo())) * Sum([[Void Loss Amount])

Have not tried this second expression, but worth testing it out as it avoids using the if statement

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny... the 'IF' statement has given me exactly what I was after...Capture.JPG

Star... as always