Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Suppression of first three characters

$(qvd_name)

:  

LOAD

[Loan Number],
[First Principal Balance],
[Investor Name]

[LM Workout Status]

FROM
(
qvd) ;

[LM Workout Status]  displays like this

X.LM_Removed

Y.LM_Denied

and so on.......

I tried using this code

Right(D_LM_WORKOUT_STATUS, Len(D_LM_WORKOUT_STATUS)-2) as [LM Workout Status],

However because [LM_Workout_Status] was already defined in qvd T_Daily this code did not work.  All I want to do is drop the first 3 characters (ie X.  then show LM_Removed)

Will I need to create another table using Resident T_Daily.  Can I accomplish this suppression in the properties area in edit expression in say a chart object or a table object??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

When you load the T_Daily table why don't you modify the D_LM_WORKOUT_STATUS or add the modified field to the table. If you know that you need to remove only the first 2 characters, you can also try Mid(s, n1 [,n2]) function.

Example:

LOAD D_LM_WORKOUT_STATUS,

Mid(D_LM_WORKOUT_STATUS, 3) as D_LM_WORKOUT_STATUS_ABBREVIATED

And you can also accomplish the suppression in a chart or table using an expression such as:

Mid(D_LM_WORKOUT_STATUS, 3)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

When you load the T_Daily table why don't you modify the D_LM_WORKOUT_STATUS or add the modified field to the table. If you know that you need to remove only the first 2 characters, you can also try Mid(s, n1 [,n2]) function.

Example:

LOAD D_LM_WORKOUT_STATUS,

Mid(D_LM_WORKOUT_STATUS, 3) as D_LM_WORKOUT_STATUS_ABBREVIATED

And you can also accomplish the suppression in a chart or table using an expression such as:

Mid(D_LM_WORKOUT_STATUS, 3)

Not applicable
Author

The second solution using the Mid(d_lm_workout_status,3) as d_lm_workout_status_abbrev seem to work.  However when I used the this statement it does not recognize the renamed variable

where

match(d_lm_workout_status_abbrev ,' APPROVED','TRIAL,'IN TRIAL',ACCEPT RECVD')  I get an error field not found. 

Not applicable
Author

Check your syntax, it looks like you might have some expressions that are not properly surrounded with single-quotes.