Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
On Demand Webinar: See Why Thousands of QlikView Users Have Switched to Qlik Sense. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Symmetric difference (Set operators (/) )

Hi,

In set analysis there one type of Set Operator that I haven't used yet, and this is the " Symmetric difference " operator.

I already done some research regarding that operator but I could not find a good example (not even in the reference manual) of how I could use it.

Can you give an example of how I could use it please.

Thanks in advance.

Iuri

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Iuri,

Please read this blog http://aftersync.com/blog/the-magic-of-set-analysis-part-iii

" “/=” – This one is used to define a symmetric difference (XOR), and the resulting record set will contain the values that are present in either one set but not in the other."

I create sample qlikview file for you, Please see the attachment.

In this qlikview file you can see the table with symmetric difference in left side that represented values for Dim 2  that are not started with "D", and the right side staright table show value for the Dim2 that are started with "D".

symmetric difference.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Iuri,

Please read this blog http://aftersync.com/blog/the-magic-of-set-analysis-part-iii

" “/=” – This one is used to define a symmetric difference (XOR), and the resulting record set will contain the values that are present in either one set but not in the other."

I create sample qlikview file for you, Please see the attachment.

In this qlikview file you can see the table with symmetric difference in left side that represented values for Dim 2  that are not started with "D", and the right side staright table show value for the Dim2 that are started with "D".

symmetric difference.png

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Thanks Jafari,

I could understand now how this feature can be used.