Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Synthetic key and ''ghost'' field

Hi all

A newbie is seeking for your guidance.

I am facing the following issue:

I have a synthetic table made of another synthetic table. Despite this mess, app seems to work properly (99%). Any ideas on how to make it better and dissolve any clouds and fears that the app might now be working properly?

In addition, in my source table in excel I have values for the field January 2013. (Jan 2013) but it does not show in my app, resulting in slight decline on the desired totals..

Please note that I do not have a programming background so excuse my clumsy approach to the scripting part.

Find attached a reduce/scrambled app.

Thank you for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Your cross table load is set to 6 attribute fields, but your load statement only has 5, so the cross table is using the January field as another attribute. You will see there is field named [41275]. Change the cross table statement to

CrossTable(MONTH, Actual, 5)

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The script doesn't match your data model. In the script you concatenate the data from ActualLY with Actual and then drop ActualLY. But in the table viewer the table ActualLY exists. The same with some fields you dropped. The data you loaded cannot be the result of the script in your document. If that script were used you wouldn't have a table ActualLY and no $Syn3 Table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Lets assume that the problem with the $SYn3 table is fixed

I will give you another example regarding the "ghost" field section  without synthetic keys and $syntables (I am attaching the relevant app).

Why QV does not show (and therefore calculate) January 2013  (41275 I think) despite appearing in the script ?

January is messing with my head!

Thank you for your help!

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Your cross table load is set to 6 attribute fields, but your load statement only has 5, so the cross table is using the January field as another attribute. You will see there is field named [41275]. Change the cross table statement to

CrossTable(MONTH, Actual, 5)

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a million !