Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synthetic key and synthetic table

Please Define Synthetic key and synthetic table.

Thank you.

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

See here: Synthetic Keys.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i know about synthetic key,when it form and how to remove.

i just want to know how to define synthetic key and sync table.

marcus_sommer

What do you mean with "how to define synthetic key and sync table" what is not well enough explained within the above mentioned link?

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i want only the defination syn key and syn table..

If more than one column is common between two table it will form third table that table is known as synthetic table.

Right?

if right then what is exactly define of syn key

marcus_sommer

Yes, that's right and the syn table contained those common fields and they were removed from the origin tables and replaced with the syn key with all possible fieldvalue-combinations from the common fields.

- Marcus

sumit_ranjan_pa
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Prachi,

Extracted from Qlikview 11 for developers .

"When any two tables share more than one common field, QlikView creates a complex key, or synthetic key, to try and associate both tables through the combination of all of the common fields between them. This takes the form of an additional table containing the shared fields and an additional key field added to all involved tables. Because of QlikView's associative engine, the two tables are automatically linked through both fields, creating a complex key out of the combination of their values"

The complex key is called Synthetic key and the table that it resides in is called Synthetic table.

Hope it helps.

-Sumit