Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Syntx issue with Set Analysis

Hello,

I'm having a syntax issue with a set analysis formula I am trying to create. The formula is trying to SUM invoices where dates fall between 2 dates and the posting date is greater than the end date. I've created 2 variables and I know these variables are correct because I've checked them.

=Sum({$<[Invoice Header.Order Creation Date] = {>= (vFromDate) <= (vToDate)}, [Date] = {> (vToDate)}>}[Invoice Line.Amount Including VAT])

vFromDate definition:

=(date(MonthStart(Max([Invoice Header.Order Creation Date])) - 365))

vToDate definition:

=(date(MonthEnd(Max([Date])) - 365))

When I use these variables alone they work but when I add them to the formula I get no results I think it's a syntax error but I don't see anything wrong with my formula.

Can someone help?

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You seem to be lacking $-signs in front of the variables and furthermore you should also enclose the search string in double quotes:

=Sum({$<[Invoice Header.Order Creation Date] = {">=$(vFromDate)<=$(vToDate)"}, [Date] = {">$(vToDate)"}>}[Invoice Line.Amount Including VAT])

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is a slight inaccuracy in your calculation as not every year has 365 days. To be entirely accurate you would have to do something like this instead:

vToDate definition:

=Date( AddYear( MonthEnd( Max( [Date] ) ),  -1) )

Actually since you will then do only date calculations you should be able to simplify it into this:

= AddYear( MonthEnd( Max( [Date] ) ), -1 )

And similarly with the other variable...