Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

System field $Field & Set Analysis & Alternate States

Hi,

So I have a unique problem.  I want to give the user the ability to select two columns/field names from a listbox that contains the contents of $Field(the System field showing all of the column names).  The user will select two different columns/field names.  I will have a graph that will take these two seperate selections and create a graph showing both selections.

For example:

-Two field names I am using are ACDCalls and ABNDCalls

I was thinking that I will have two list boxes of $Field.  Using Alternate States, I will place a different state on each of the boxes so that I can select two seperate fields from the same $Field.  I will have a chart in the inherited state.  I will have two expressions such as:

(sum( {State1}[$Field]))

(sum( {State2}[$Field]))

It does not work.  The graph shows no data.  However, when I change things up and use a different field instead of $Field, I am able to use alternate states and set analysis, so it is not my syntax that is incorrect.  I am guessing that using a systemfield such as $Field with alternate State and Set Analysis will not work.

Could anyone give me a better option or fine-tune my current idea?

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like this

sum( $(=only({State1} $Field)) )

sum( $(=only({State2} $Field)) )

Not applicable
Author

I had the same thought.  My current(and exact formula) is

=if([$Field] = 'acdtime',Time(( (sum( $(=ONLY($Field))) ) )/(3600*24),'hh:mm:ss'),

I would try to place the alternate state in there...

=if([$Field] = 'acdtime',Time(( (sum({State1} $(=ONLY($Field))) ) )/(3600*24),'hh:mm:ss'),

I did try yours and it did not work either. 

Not applicable
Author

Update:  I took out the if statement logic :

=Time(( (sum( $(=only({State1} $Field)) ) ) )/(3600*24),'hh:mm:ss')

It looks to be working.  The selection is being read from an alternate state and utilizing the systemfield $Field.  So now if I can plug in my if statement I'd be set to cascade this change to the rest of the formula.

Not applicable
Author

Hi does anyone have a solution for this?  It appears I cant use an if statement with Only() function, which is unfortunate (unless I am mistaken).

swuehl
MVP
MVP

A solution to what?

Sorry, I don't understand your current setting and requirement. Please post a small sample and a description of your expected result.

Not applicable
Author

Example:

=if([$Field]='acdtime',Time(( (sum( $(=only({State1} $Field)) ) ) )/(3600*24),'hh:mm:ss'),

if([$Field] = 'acdcalls',num(sum(acdcalls),'####'))

I will have two list boxes that where the user will select from a list of system fields to compare two sets of data in one graph.  Since the list of fields come from the same system field($Field), I have to break it up into Alternate States so that the user can select two values from two different list boxes.  The problem I now face is that the user can potentially select a time value(acdtime which will be displayed in hh:mm:ss) and a number value. 

I could leave the expression as :

Time(( (sum( $(=only({State1} $Field)) ) ) )/(3600*24),'hh:mm:ss'),

However, if the user selected his second value as a number and not a time value, the number would be shown in hh:mm:ss as well.  I hope it is becoming clearer apologies!