cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III

Table Box Limiting Records

I am trying to use Qlikview as a spur of the moment lookup tool on a file we received from a client. There are 2.8 million records that I have in a Table Box, it takes a bit to pull up, but it eventually does. I set up a Search Object on an access code, but as I am typing in the search, it is looking though all the records on the fly and taking forever. I know in other Chat types you can limit the # of records displayed. Is there anything similar I could do for this?

Maybe a way to only display the Table box once a selection is made? I have 2 tables, 1 that contains the 10 account info fields, then another tables that links on a control number and adds an access code, maybe combining these two tables into one, that way they are not doing the lookup in memory?

2 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can use the Calculation Condition option to restrict the users to select some filters before the Table box populates the data.  You can implement this by using

Table Box Properties -> General -> Calculation Condition -> Give some condition like

=GetSelectedCount(Field1) > 0

for two fields selection restriction

=GetSelectedCount(Field1) > 0 AND GetSelectedCount(Field2) > 0

Regards,

Jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

To display the custom error message or info use Error messages button in

Table Box Properties -> General -> Error Messages -> Select Calculation Condition Unfulfilled and give your Custom Message like

"Please select atleast one value Field1."

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.