Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikView forum consolidation is complete. Labels are now required. LEARN ABOUT LABELS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sidneylu
Creator III
Creator III

Table box count not matching with database

Hi,

I have a table box that displays record details for the given field selections.  When I exported the dataset directly from

the table box (Excel icon in upper right), the Excel shows 89 rows.  When I run my SQL query against the source

table in SQL Server, I get a count of 219.  The 219 is correct.  I looked through the table box settings and I didn't see anything

which would restrict the number of rows being returned.

Anyone knows why I'm seeing this discrepancy?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

The table box only shows distinct rows, you would need to add e.g. a RecID or something that makes your rows unique to compare with the SQL query.

LOAD *,    

         RecNo() as RecID

FROM YourTableSource;

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

The table box only shows distinct rows, you would need to add e.g. a RecID or something that makes your rows unique to compare with the SQL query.

LOAD *,    

         RecNo() as RecID

FROM YourTableSource;

View solution in original post

sidneylu
Creator III
Creator III

Wow!  That was it.  I didn't know that.  Thank you!!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Probably Qlik should better not have named this chart object 'table box' a long time ago...

If your issue is resolved, then please close this thread by marking helpful and / or correct answers:

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

sidneylu
Creator III
Creator III

Agreed.  Or perhaps provide a setting to allow unique or non-unique rows to be displayed.