Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III

Table help

I am trying to get the order departure from average percentage, but trying to get the percentage for each day on the table. It works in a text box, just not the table.

Essentially,

equation.jpg

This is the equation I am using.

sum(((sum([Orders Submitted]))

/

((Count({$<Year_BV = {"$(=Year(FirstWorkDate(ConvertToLocalTime(Date(now()), 'GMT-05:00'),1,(vHolidaysBV))))"}>}

distinct [Date Bioventus]) -1)

/

(sum({$<Year_BV = {"$(=Year(FirstWorkDate(ConvertToLocalTime(Date(now()), 'GMT-05:00'),1,(vHolidaysBV))))"}>} [Orders Submitted]))))-1)

Any help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello Joshua,

that's because the expression

Count({$<Year_BV = {"$(=Year(FirstWorkDate(ConvertToLocalTime(Date(now()), 'GMT-05:00'),1,(vHolidaysBV))))"}>}

distinct [Date Bioventus]) -1

always returns 0 in your table (with Dimension Date Bioventus) which means that you try to divide by 0.

Mathias

View solution in original post

5 Replies
m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello Joshua,

that's because the expression

Count({$<Year_BV = {"$(=Year(FirstWorkDate(ConvertToLocalTime(Date(now()), 'GMT-05:00'),1,(vHolidaysBV))))"}>}

distinct [Date Bioventus]) -1

always returns 0 in your table (with Dimension Date Bioventus) which means that you try to divide by 0.

Mathias

joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

But in the text box, that equation returns '160' which is correct.

joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

How else could i count the days consumed within the table?

m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

It is because your table dimension is Date Bioventus and you are counting Date Bioventus (which will then always be 1).

Maybe try to use the month / year as dimension, then your day count will be greater than 1.

joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I added TOTAL and it counted it with no issues. Thanks for your help.