Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Take advantage of qvx and custom connector for an email marketing application

Hello QlikView community,

I would like to start building a new application for my company for QlikView but before starting up I would like to make sure if I'm on the right track.

The application is an email marketing program. I will put it as simple as I can:

Using QlikView, I would like to create table objects or multi-boxes or any other sheet object that contain customer information. When the user is happy with the information s/he has loaded into those sheet objects, I would like Qlikview to be able to run my connector to be able to run a campaign or schedule a campaign using the customers list in that object.

I'm new to QlikView but I have heard of QVX files that can one can use to communicate with a QV application via XML.

So my connector will be acting like a listener of events from QV and then communicate via message passing.

I can of course take advantage of macros in QV but to be honest, they do not seem to be the right tool when it comes to passing massive amount of data to a 3rd party application. They are also hard to debug. I want to log everything that happens between QV document and my connector. I'd sooner use macros when it becomes very necessary or would like to use them only for simple tasks and not for serious and heavy data transfer tasks.

Please take a look this basic prototype for a better picture.

iguigiuguig.png

What I'm lacking here is an opinion from an expert.

I would like to have the fastest possible solution. So, is that communicating via QVX files?

I'm good at C# and can handle coming and going of XML data better than using VBScript. I'm not a fan of script languages.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Replies