Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

Target for different years

I have 3 files

• Metric (dimension)
  • Budget (dimension)
  • Metric Values (expression)

The common key across all is Metric. I have a calendar that sorts each file out by year and month YYYYMM (filename is YYYYMM_Metric.xlsx and YYYYMM_Metric_Values.xlsx

Howevver, Budget is a yearly file so it is named YYYY_Budget.xlsx

I've attached an output I am getting. When I load the files, everything appears fine if for one year but when my Target changes each year, it is going to show all target years in my output. This is showing 2015 and 2016 Budget data

This should look like below for 2016 data

and 2015 Budget data is

I know its got to do with my YYYY grouping.

Anyone any idea how to get the Year so that it matches my Calendar

Output of what I currently have attached.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pho3nix90
Creator II
Creator II

Try again with this one.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Can you pl share the final output sample you want and the sample of 3 files so that we can run the script and detect the problem. Thanks.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What kind of script is this.

Please try to upload qvw along with required o/p

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have attached a sample app.

If you look at the Budget dimension, this is my issue.

It should look  like this

Grouping         Metric         CostCenter       Budget     2016-01             2016-02

IT OTHER        CIO              6150              330604        21K                   27K

It looks as if Budget is also bringing in 2015 Budget also.

Hope this is a better explanation.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Bobby,

You want like below...Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Grouping         Metric         CostCenter       Budget     2016-01             2016-02

IT OTHER        CIO              6150              330604        21K                   27K

Sec & Disaster  6157               7041            .......                 .......

E-business     6156                 -72             ......                    .....

It Controllership    6180               221 ........................................

The Second figure in Budget CIO is - 74812 Its like as if that is the figure for 2015.

There should only be those 4 metrics for 2016

If you select 2015, you will see that there are only 3 metrics and E-Business is not there but the Budget still has 2 values in the cells. There should only be one budget figure for each metric

pho3nix90
Creator II
Creator II

try this one,

I cannot reload to test if I made typing mistakes, but it will give you an idea on what you need to do. Problem is that you are not linking your targets to a date, in this case to a year. So when you are selecting a year in your selections it has no idea which bugets belong to said year, only to which "metric" since that is the only key. IN the example metric and year is concatenated to form a "target link" so that the qvw knows to which metric the budget belongs to and as well to which year.

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I am now getting this issue?

pho3nix90
Creator II
Creator II

Try this one

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Much closer but looks like Budget isn't recognising the date or metrics.

Attached is what it now looks like loaded