Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Test against multiple rows

I am trying to make a validation where one [Filename] can have multiple corresponding values in [TaskName].

FileName                              TaskName

ExtractApplication.qvw          0.R.ExractApplication

Application.qvw                    0.R.Application

0.D.Application

We have the above naming convention on our scheduled jobs and I would like to do this validation to keep everything consistent and support a deployent tool we have created.

I have been playing with some kind of If statement like this

IF(FileName =TaskName, DoSomthing)

but this doesn't obviously not work for the Application.qvw file and I'm thinking  that some kind of set analyze would be the correct way and help would be greatly appreciated.

/Frank

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If your 'DoSomething' a kind of aggregation, you might rather try like:

Sum( IF(FileName =TaskName, Amount))

I.e. - the structure would look like : DoSomething(IF (....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Is the data setup in some kind of pivot format maybe in excel?

Looks like you will have to convert to a flat file format to make it easier.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

See attached. Ive used the previous() function.

Output:

PreviousEx_snap1.PNG

* Updated attachments... C_ fields can be used to compare

Hope this helps!

D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Governanace dashboard is the datasource and I have created .qvd that I use in an application to deploy files.

One of the listboxes containes a list of files that a developer can deploy, the list is populated by an expresion and I want to verify that a file has the appropriate Task. Below is an example of a container where we have 5 .qvw that has 7 corresponding Tasks.

If I select a file that only has one Task attached to it do I get one match The test [Filename] = [TaskName] will work.

But If I select a file that has two or more will the validation [Filename] = [TaskName] obviously not work and I would like the validation to accept bothe R and D or ignore that charachter.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

As I suggested above, if you put your IF condition in an aggregation function (Sum(), Max()....), it should work fine even with multiple possible values. For further help, try to share a sample qvw explaining your expected output.