Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

Testing connection to MySQL

Hi Friends -

I have been tasked to test the connection to MySQL and I have been told that the MySQL Connector has been installed on the QA server. I have no idea how to test the connection. Would someone be able to lay out steps to test the connection. Do I need to install MySQL on my machine also?

All inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Sunny

17 Replies
mohitd910
Creator II
Creator II

1.)  bro if you are unable to login  then  you dont have the public IP bro. you are correct.

2.) First bro if you are talking about the MYSQL database then no need to installed in your system.  If you talking about to connector then you need to install in your system.

sunny_talwar
Author

antoniotiman - This is good progress. I see this on the QA Server

Capture.PNG

Now the problem is that there is no QlikView installed on the QA Server. All I see is this

Capture.PNG

If I am not missing anything, I would need to install QlikView on the QA Server to create an application which can test connection to the MySQL, right?

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Yes,right.

sunny_talwar
Author

And the alternative to this is to install MySQL Connector on my machine and test the connection and put it on QA to test the connection? Can you share a download location for MySQL Connector?

Thanks,

Sunny

sunny_talwar
Author

Is this good enough?

Capture.PNG

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Yes, according to MySQL Server version on QA Server (I assume >= 5)

sunny_talwar
Author

Thanks guys. I learned something new today

Best,

Sunny