Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text in pie chart

Hi,

I have plotted a pie chart i have taken cost in the expression and location in dimension.I need to display the total cost at the bottom of the pie chart.how do i do that?i tried with the help of text box.but i am not able to increase the size of the text area.Also i need the displayn in the following format:

Total cost =...........MillionDollars.

How can i format the cost and convert it to millions.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use following in the textbox:-

='Total Cost = ' & your_expression & ' Million Dollars'

Here your_expression represents the expression that you are using for calculating total cost. If you want to convert it into million then just divide by 1000000 and you should get the result.

you can also use text in chart option on the presention tab instead of a textbox to plot text inside a chart.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kuldeep Tak

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

and here are an example to play with.

Good luck!

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

hi,

thanks i got the text.But the size of the text inside the chart is very long and it is getting truncated.How do i format iy?also i can keep text inside chart only on the top.how do i get it at the bottom?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Why dont you try the "Text in Chart" under the Presentation Tab.

untitled.JPG

Then you can try ='Total Cost = ' & your_expression & ' Million Dollars'

You can enter the expression in a new line like a normal text box.

Then if you want to adjust the size of the text, hold the Ctrl + Shift key and resize as you want.

Try this and let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Robinson