Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a text box display the following: I have a set of working hours for people, but on some days they didn't work due to planned leave. Working hours and holiday (planned leave) have separate columns which I loaded, so I want the text box to display " Date- Planned Leave- Name" and used text function, but it doesn't always return all three, and sometimes returns the name when the person didn't take a holiday. Can I use another function for this?

Thank you,

Anna

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anna

You say text box, but I suspect you may mean a column of text in a Chart Table object, could you clarify & if appropriate advise what kind of Chart object you have.

It could well be that your expression / field selections may be returning more than one value and in an expression a field name with no function around it assume the Only() which will return the field value if there is only one possible answer otherwise it will return Null.  Maybe adding another expression to count the field occurrences will help your testing.

Notwithstanding that are you able to share a sample qvw, or maybe simply paste in your expression for generating your text.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

It's not in a chart table object, but a simple text object. Unfortunately, I can't share the qvw, but my expression is

Text(Holiday & Date & Person). I want it to show such when that person actually has taken a holiday, but it still returns person's name when I select one, even if they didn't.

Anna

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anna

Could create 4 other text objects and put in them:

• =concat(Holiday, '   ' )
  • =concat(Date, '   ' )
  • =concat(Person, '   ' )
  • =concat(Holiday, '   ' ) & '  :  ' & concat(Date, '   ' )  & '  :  ' & concat(Person, '   ' )

And see if when you make various selections there is a correlation between your original text object going adrift and when any of these objects display more than one field value.

You may then which to exploit this concat function.

[I have typed the expressions above without testing so please accept my apology if there is a typo.]

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Neshina,

PFA, u get some idea..