Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Threshold visualization in diagram, to be values / plan values

Hey guys,

does anybody of you experts know, if this visualization requirement can easily be done with QlikView?

My special concern goes to the red, yellow and green layers which I think should represent the thresholds or "to be" values.

I guess you could solve it with two overlapping transparent diagrams, but is there a way to solve it with only one diagram?

Sorry I don't have any more information at that point, we are just evaluating some requirements if we could solve it with QlikView

Any input is highly appreciated.

Cheers, msglanges

screenshot.304.png

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

No one?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

msgangles

You could create the background graphic as a png or jpg file (using a graphics app), and use that as the chart background (on the colors tab, frame background). It would not be a static image and would not respond to selections, but that may be OK for your requirements.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Jonathan

Unfortunately the requirement allows the coloured layers not to be static, because they are "to be values" or threshold like in the traffic light gauge..

In this example you would have to define for January, everything over 2Mrd is red ... and so on.

I was hoping you could solve it with two different key figures in one diagram, but I haven't found a formatting option which visualizes as it is defined in the above picture.

Maybe anyone else has solved a similar requirement or has any input?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Haven't tried, but maybe you could reuse some of the logic used in this sample

http://community.qlik.com/message/153383

to get your coloured sections. It's probably kind of a hack.

Stefan