Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II

Time Zone Conversation

Hi,

Can any one please help me.Please find the attachment.

Here the ‘Time’ that is displayed is of UK country timings.Need to convert them into USA Eastern Time Zone timings.

8 Replies
avinashelite

first convert time from UK to UTC ..then from UTC you can convert to required timezone

Try like this

converttolocaltime(converttolocaltime(fieldname,'UTC'),'Pacific Time (USA & Canada)')

Kushal_Chawda

Perhaps you need to use ConvertToLocalTime function. see the below link to help understand the function.

I am sure you will be able to get the answer after understanding this fucntion

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/DateAndTimeFunctions/c...

avinashelite

ConvertToLocalTime(timestamp [, place [, ignore_dst=false]])

takes three parameters

1.Your time stamp field

2. Format that you need to convert

3. Optional, daylight saving parameter  if its true() daylight will be automatically adjusted and if its false() than it will not adjust the daylight saving .

In your case you need to convert the UK time to USA so first we need to convert it to UTC ot GMT than convert it to USA with the daylightsaving parameter as true

Try this

converttolocaltime(converttolocaltime(Date,'UTC'),'Pacific Time (USA & Canada)',true())

bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Avinash

bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you its working.

avinashelite

If you have got the answer please mark the correct and helpful answers so that it will helpful for others who are having similar questions

jhona1737
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Avinash,

I got a question, my Qliksense server is on UK time but my data warehouse is on EST time, this is how I am getting the data

FROM "IS_Local_NAV".dbo.Package where ProductionDate Between '2018-09-01' and GETDATE()-1;

but the problem is that at 12AM UK stop adding the data from 8PM to 12AM USA as show below

Time.jpg

Thank you