Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Toggle between percentage and numbers on a chart

Hi All,

I have requirement to toggle between 2 sets of charts using the push of a button. One set of charts shows values as numbers. The other shows it as a percentage.

Currently I have created two sets of charts, one with the 'relative' option enabled, the other with the option disabled and I am doing a conditional hide/show based on the push of the button.

I have attached a sample file.

Could somebody suggest a way to accomplish this with a single chart?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

An option could be to use a container object to toggle the different chart objects. There is no built-in functionality to make the presentation toggling easier than that.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

An option could be to use a container object to toggle the different chart objects. There is no built-in functionality to make the presentation toggling easier than that.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Please see attached solution. I noticed this issue on other QVWs, but for some reason the percentage view won't show the percentage sign on the axis (i.e. it will show .4 and not 40%). But hopefully this will at least give you an idea of how this problem can be solved.

Regards,

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, I created two solution on the attachment.

1 - Use grouped expression (use cycle icon)

2 - Use your variable and change the formula and number format.

Hope it helps,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tony, Vlad.

Thank you very much for your solutions.

Regards,

Neeraj

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Erich !

giuval45
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Simple and effective...;-) Many thanks Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I tried this example for my own application and while I can get the cycle charts to work fine the dilemma there is that it only works on a single chart and not multiple charts at the same time, so I was hoping I could adapt what I wanted to do from the 2nd option using the toggle button.

However, taking the exact same code from the Percentage - solution.qvw (122.5 K)  I cannot get the buttons or plot to change from % to numbers.

If I run the Percentage - solution.qvw  file from this forum directly it works fine.

It appears that my end the SET variables are not being saved or activated in some way.  If I use a SET line in the script then the variables set like that are visible as a variable but not anything using the button action - new action -> External -> Set variable method.

Please can someone let me know what step I'm missing to get this to work.

Original QVW which works and shows the variable

togglebuttonworks.png

Copied QVW code to a blank new document which doesnt work and also shows no variable despite being defined.

togglebuttonerr.png

ThanksButton Properties [-]_2012-06-29_12-16-07.png

Not applicable
Author

OK figured it out. The missing link I wasnt aware of needing to do is this. In the QV menu one needs to also go to Settings -> Variable Overview and define the variable being used. ,i.e. do this, then it works.

Variable Overview_2012-06-29_12-35-44.png