Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zcatoe
Contributor
Contributor

Transitioning year and pulling previous YTD data

I am trying to pull YTD from a previous year (2021) now that we have transitioned into the new year. Previously, this is the expression I always used:

Sum( {$<IsInYTD={1},[Restated POS Year] = {$(=Max([Restated POS Year]))}>} [Retail Sales Dollars])

Is there a simple change I can make to this formula in order to still get full YTD 2021 data for this particular set or will I have to change more in the script itself? 

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
1 Reply
_Gerardo_
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Your formula is still valid for Current YTD, for Previous YTD (PYTD) you need to create a new one:

1.  Assuming that the values for Restated POS Year are all years, you will need to decrease in 1 the max year:

$(=Max([Restated POS Year])-1)

2. Optionally In script, create a new Flag IsInPTYD (is in Previous Year To Date) with value 1 for 2021 and 0 for current year and the rest of the years, or just remove that part from Set Analysis formula.

Final version of formula with suggested changes:

Sum( {$<IsInPYTD={1},[Restated POS Year] = {$(=Max([Restated POS Year])-1)}>} [Retail Sales Dollars])

Regards.