Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Transperent background of chart to copy into powerpoint

Hello Everybody,

is it possible to have a transparent background of a chart, which stays transparent when I copy or save it to insert it later to powerpoint or word?

Everytime I do this the background turns black.

Thanks for your help,

Oliver

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Maybe take a screen shot and paste it in the document? i know it sounds simple but maybe it will work well?

Not applicable
Author

Hi, that will not work 🙂 because then you have the background from the screenshot.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Take a screen dump and paste it in paint and just delete the unwanted content until you have the desired item. Then save it as a jpeg or whatever and copy/paste into the document

Not applicable
Author

Hi, that doesn't work, I want to have the whole chart area transparent. If I do a screenshot then I have the background. Please have a look at attached files.

Oliver

Not applicable
Author

oh i see now. u wanna import it to powerpoint without the background because you have a background in powerpoint correct?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, that is correct 🙂

Not applicable
Author

did you try changing the style and the colour in the graph on the original qlikview model? try change it closest to the powerpoint theme as possible?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I did, but you still see a difference. I also tried to export, but that didn't work either. I am missing the option to keep the transparent places transparent 🙂

Not applicable
Author

I'm looking for the same. Tried to chang background colour to transparent. Looks good in QV, but when exporting background turns into solid white...