Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr_novice
Creator II
Creator II

Trend diagram and canonical dates...

Hi All!

I have data from a very simple "ticket"-system where users may send requests or errors. These requests/errors creates tickets and may only have two status: Open & Closed. There is an Open_Date and a Closed_Date for each ticket.

I have created a simple trend diagram that shows a (Daily) date dimension on the x-axis and amount of tickets on the y-axis. I show, for any given date, the amount of Received tickets (using the Open_Date) and Closed tickets using the Close_Date. To do this I have made a canonical date dimension (see this article by Henric Cronström). Now this only shows me the amount of tickets received or closed that given date, but lets say that there are tickets open that where created before the given date. How do I make an expression for these tickets?

So for each date I want to show:

1 - Received Tickets

2 - Closed Tickets

3 - Open Tickets (Received tickets with status "open" + older tickets with status "open")

Br

Christian

6 Replies
mr_novice
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If the ticket has status "Open" there is no ClosedDate.

Capture_DataModel.PNG.png

mr_novice
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Nobody have a suggestion?

Not applicable

I am also trying to make a bar graph that reports very similarly like what you have described above. Have you (or anyone else) been able to figure out a solution for his problem??

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can have a look at another one of Henric's blog posts:

Creating Reference Dates for Intervals

Following that, maybe something like

Avtal:
Load %TicketNo, %ClosedDate, %OpenDate, Counter, Date, MaxDate
          From Avtal;

Tickets_x_Dates:

Load %TicketNo,
          If(iterNo()=1, 1) as OpenFlag,

If( %OpenDate +Iterno()-1 = %ClosedDate,1) as ClosedFlag,
          Date( %OpenDate+ IterNo() – 1 ) as ReferenceDate
          Resident Avtal
          While IterNo() <= Alt(%ClosedDate,Today() ) - %OpenDate+ 1 ;

Then create a chart with dimension ReferenceDate (or a calendar dimension of a calendar table linked to this field) and three expressions:

=Count(DISTINCT %TicketNo) //Total Open

=Count({<OpenFlag = {1} >} DISTINCT %TicketNo) // Created

=Count({<ClosedFlag = {1} >} DISTINCT %TicketNo) // Closed

Not applicable

I was actually able to use a simple if statement within the dimension, that checked my Canonical date compared to my date fields

=If(CanonicalDate = [First Application Submitted Date],'Application Submitted','Application Completed')

This works for simple Canonical with just a couple of fields, I will need to create this effect with multiple canonical date fields so that might get more complicated... So I might try what you have suggested.

MarcoWedel

Hi,

an alternative solution would be to use Intervalmatch() to generate a linktable between your opened/closed intervals and your calendar.

hope this helps

regards

Marco