Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III

Trigger Object on open when enabled condition

Hi There

I have Chart Table which has more than 100,000 rows , it has expression enabled and takes time to load when open.

This object is conditionally shown. What i am trying to do is refresh this Chart table before opening so it will take less time after document is completely opened.

any suggestions?

6 Replies
Not applicable

Is there a time where all 100,000 rows need to be displayed?

A suggestion would be to have it be conditional based on some criteria being selected.  If nothing is slected, the table will not load the data, but if items are selected, the table will only load based on what has been selected.

You can customize a message in the table that says 'Please select ....'

ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

All data need to be display in this table. No selection is needed.

Not applicable

can you please explain the reason/use case for having to see 100,000 rows of data at a single time?

ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Users are looking to see all data in one table which has around 25 columns and want to export to excel for their testing,.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Ashish,

Usually, it will take long time to load 100,000 rows and while exporting to excel. My suggestion would be create one or two listboxes with any of the key fields or most used fields. Limit the data by enabling calculating condition in chart properties. Something like count(customer)<20000. You can also display warning message like "Lines should not exceed more than 20000, Select one or more customers or Department from listboxes. You can also enable show frequency in listbox property. So that user can understand the line count by just seeing the listbox.

So the chart will not populate unless something has been selected. I don't think, you can load 100,000 like you said. You have to wait long time to export the chart even its populated. Surely, the user will irritate and ask you to optimise the chart. So, either user have to select only they want in list box (so the chart will show filtered data)or if they want all data then need to take all downloads part by part by selecting one by one customer in listbox.

Hope this helps.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

May be you can minimize the chart. If the user want's they can double click it.

or create one button and do the Minimize/Maximize chart Action in the Layout.