Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssonal15
Contributor
Contributor

Trigger dashboard to run every 15 mins

Hi,

I have a requirement I need to run my dashboard every 15 mins between 7:00-8:00 AM, dashboard will start running once the latest data is available which is expected in this 1 hour. and once the dashboard is running next trigger should stop. for eg: if dashboard finds latest data at 7:15 AM then it should not trigger next schedule of 7:30 and so on.

Please let me know how I can code this.

Check for latest data is handles in my dashboard based on the load date, so that is not an issue.

Thanks,

Sonal

Labels (1)
6 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

To identify the latest data, Instead of scheduling the job in every 15 mins , you can check it via script using the while or for loop.

Keep checking the latest data available or Not.  if "Yes" exit the script.

Below script is just for reference

do while vCounter <= vMaxCount //MaxCount is 10

if vLatestData = 'Yes' THEN
    EXIT SCRIPT;
ELSE    
  trace - Inside do while loop; 
  sleep 600000; // Wait for 10 Minutes

//Checking for data is ready or not

Let vCounter = vCounter + 1; 

trace - vCounter=$(vCounter);
    ENDIF   
loop 

ssonal15
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the response!

In similar kind of requirement in another dashboard I have seen EDX is being used, Do you have any idea how I can implement this functionality of mine using EDX in my code?

Thanks,
Swati 

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi ,

I'm not sure about that and i don't think EDX needed for this scenario.

May be you can explain further about your requirement.

Thanks.

Settu P

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you are running 12.30 or later, you can use the new File Exists trigger, which will watch for a specific file to appear in a specific directory.  Once the file appears, the task is triggered, the trick is to be sure you trigger a task after to delete the file, or things will continue to trigger...  

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Supportin...

This does require a Publisher license too...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
ssonal15
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks I was looking for something like this but we are still in QlikView 11 we are going to upgrade soon.

Right now I am trying different approach, setting reload to run every 15 mins and inside script loading latest date to check data availability and then executing EDX command to run the dashboard. but again the challenge is once dashboard starts running then it should not execute run command again.

Thanks,

Sonal

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

What you really want in that case is the backend system kicking the EDX trigger...  That way you do not need the schedule piece running...  All you will need is the EDX trigger and when the backend system completes its processing, it runs the EDX call to trigger the EDX task on our side.

Here are a couple of links that might help further:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2019/APIs/QMS+API/html/7b30b3a1-77da-4bbe-bdc2-1...

The 11 track doc was hardcopy.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.