Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trigger to select alternate state for chart

Dear Experts,

Help me with problem where i can trigger the selection alternate state for single calender. Where  i can switch the selection of calender from state A to state B. So that i will get desired result in chart expression.

If requires, can explain further. Attached the QVW for workout.

Thanks

Ashif

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not entirely sure what you mean, but would the Object Action of Type Selection of Copy State Contents or Swap State Contents help ?

Not applicable
Author

HI Bill,

My business user want selection for date range and also on month basis. But problem with single calender is that is i select month basis then it select that month and year so all dates wont be available in date range selection. So i want to use alternate state so that i can use both selection for single chart expression. Copy stae content and swap state contents will not do the purpose. If you have any other way to solve problem your welcome.

Thanks

Ashif

Not applicable
Author

Hey Bill,

Did you try using set analysis in your expression? I mean you can ignore the selected month (Month=) and then play around with the whole data set available.

Thanks,

Singh

Not applicable
Author

HI Angad

I'm using set analysis in expression. But how to handle selection form monthyear and date range?

Thanks

Ashif    

Not applicable
Author

When you use Month= and Year= in the set analysis expression, this helps us ignore the selection and further helps us to play around with whole data set. Also you can try using TOTAL qualifier in set analysis.

Currently, I do not have rights to open your qvw.