Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phcaptjim
Creator
Creator

Triggers for Alternate States

Hello,

I have a question that I am fairly sure I know the answer to but wanted to check and see if there was a slight chance to save myself some time.  I'm building an app with 7 alternate states so we can compare the 7 against each other.  One of the triggers that I have for each state is the following:

If the variable c1_Admissions changes then do the following:

='(' & Concat({Cohort1<[Patient MRN]=>}
if(aggr(sum({Cohort1<[Patient MRN]=>} Admission_Flag),[Patient MRN])>= c1_Admissions, [Patient MRN]), '|') & ')'

I was planning to create that trigger 7 times to select patients with a certain number of admissions but was hoping there was an easier way.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can add (after the trigger you mentioned) 6 triggers "Copy state content" from source state Cohort1 to the other 6.

phcaptjim
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the response Elena.

I actually want to have a separate selection for each alternate state so I don't want to copy the selection from one to another.  My plan is to build 7 variables and 7 triggers to support this functionality but if I could do it all with 1 trigger and 1 variable that would be a much easier build, but I don't think that is possible (sadly).