Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoganantha321
Creator II
Creator II

Triggers in different field in different sheets

Hi,

I have three fields in sheet 3 as CDay, CMonth, CYear

Screenshot_101.png

and three fields in sheet 4 as Day, Month, Year

Screenshot_102.png

If I select any of the 3 fields in sheet 3 when I move to sheet 4 the same values must be selected in the sheet 4 for the other fields.

like example given below:

Screenshot_103.png Screenshot_104.png

can anyone help me in this?

Regards,

Yoganantha Prakash G P

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The default behavior in Qlik should keep selections in listboxes across tabs if they are the same fields.

Looking at your screens, it appears these are not the same fields but you want the selections in one set of fields to be mirrored in a different set of fields.  I'm assuming you have your own reasons for this.

There are a couple of ways to do this:

1) Use a canonical date to make 1 selectable date across tabs.

To try that see Canonical Date

2) Use triggers to select the same values in the other fields.

So the trigger action would be select in field.  And the search string would be

='('&Concat(Distinct CMonth,'|')&')'

You would have to set that up for each field.  You could have the triggers run at each field selection or when you switch tabs.

You may also want to Clear Field first too.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you share your qvw doc as a sample?

yoganantha321
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I cannot share it sunny

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This will come default in Qlikview. Do you have any action like Clear All in Sheet4??

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
yoganantha321
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No anil,

Three fields in sheet 3 and three fields in sheet 4 are not same.

sunny_talwar

Okay

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Haha, Looks like you just taken same fields and rename it. Any how, You don't require to share real data. Why can't create sample data which you are showing screen shot. I don't think so that application has any secure data. Will you?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable

The default behavior in Qlik should keep selections in listboxes across tabs if they are the same fields.

Looking at your screens, it appears these are not the same fields but you want the selections in one set of fields to be mirrored in a different set of fields.  I'm assuming you have your own reasons for this.

There are a couple of ways to do this:

1) Use a canonical date to make 1 selectable date across tabs.

To try that see Canonical Date

2) Use triggers to select the same values in the other fields.

So the trigger action would be select in field.  And the search string would be

='('&Concat(Distinct CMonth,'|')&')'

You would have to set that up for each field.  You could have the triggers run at each field selection or when you switch tabs.

You may also want to Clear Field first too.

yoganantha321
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Wallo,

Its working thanks