Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbalazs_qv
Contributor II
Contributor II

Triggers not working properly (Replace bookmark)

I have an app where I set up a 'replace bookmark' trigger that should be applied when I leave a sheet.

When I open the app with 'open'  (I open the file directly) it works properly.
When I open it with 'open in server' the trigger is not working.

Has anybody came across the same problem ? What is the solution for this ?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You state "When I open it with 'open in server' the trigger is not working", this is as designed. The BookMarks you are trying to update are within the QVW. Opening in server is the same as opening it using the Plugin.  You have access to the BookMarks, but you can't change them.'

What you are trying to do will only work using the desktop client with direct access to the QVW.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This will work in the desktop environment, but not in Ajax. The bookmark you are trying to update is in the QVW and the desktop client is able to do it correctly.  However, in AJAX you can't edit the QVW.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
vbalazs_qv
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sorry Bill, I forgot to say this all happens in desktop client.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You state "When I open it with 'open in server' the trigger is not working", this is as designed. The BookMarks you are trying to update are within the QVW. Opening in server is the same as opening it using the Plugin.  You have access to the BookMarks, but you can't change them.'

What you are trying to do will only work using the desktop client with direct access to the QVW.

Bill

vbalazs_qv
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks!